The non-profit La Quinta Arts Foundation, presenter of the # 1 in the Nation Ranked La Quinta Arts Festival seeks proposals for art installation/s at the upcoming 35th La Quinta Arts Festival, March 2-5, 2017.
Background & Objective: As a result of the success of La Quinta Arts Festival thru the years, LQAF has awarded $1.23 million in college scholarship funding to Coachella Valley visual art students. LQAF seeks to showcase the talent of these young creatives in an effort to elevate awareness and gain community support for the emerging local creative workforce.
Eligibility: Eligible applicants are current and former LQAF scholarship recipients. Collaborative installation/s partnering eligible artists are welcome, so long as both collaborators are LQAF scholarship recipients. We welcome all visual art mediums and submissions may include artworks previously created or exhibited. LQAF has sole authority to select winning proposals. LQAF will award a stipend to successful applicant/s.
Proposal Guidelines: La Quinta Arts Festival is a 4-day fine art festival located outdoors at La Quinta Civic Center Park. Most available exhibition areas are located on grass which may be hilly or uneven. There are a few opportunities for installation on flat surface concrete in close proximity to certain prominent park features (memorials and public art).
• Submit a one-page written proposal detailing the art work, or concept. The proposal should include photo images or concept drawings of the artwork with specifications, and/or completed size of the artwork/s, materials used, and successful installation requirements.
• Be responsible to set-up and remove their art installation conforming to the timelines and safety guidelines required of all exhibitors.
• Installations will be set up during regularly published installation hours on February 27, 28, and March 1st, and must be completed by 12pm, March 1st. Installations must be completely removed by March 6, 2017 at 2pm.
• Artist need not, but is welcome to be present during the public hours of La Quinta Arts Festival.
• Installation will be promoted thru LQAF social media channels, be acknowledged in the festival program, with on-site signage to include artist contact information.
• Installation may not be presented for sale to the public during the festival.
• Artists may be asked to be interviewed or make media appearances on behalf of LQAF.
• Successful applicant/s will be required to execute an exhibition agreement with certain conditions and indemnity agreements.
• Receive notification of a successful submission by October 31, 2016.
Submissions: Submit proposal via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proposal Deadline: September 30, 2016, 5pm.
760-564-1244, ext. 113